Pastoral Care is one of the most important ministries of the church to reach out to those in trouble or distress. If you are in need of care for illness, grief, personal crisis, transition, etc., we are here to be of compassionate support.
Ascension’s pastoral care ministry offers the following:
- guidance and counsel in a safe, confidential space
- referrals and resources in terms of healthcare
- visitation if hospitalized or homebound
- holy communion if you are unable to come to church
- the laying on of hands for healing and healing prayer
- transportation to doctor’s appointments
- meals brought to your home in times of crisis
- other ministries upon request
Our Holy Eucharist service on Wednesdays at 12 p.m. is a healing service and many find this helpful.
Prayers requests may be emailed to Jennifer Woods via firstname.lastname@example.org to be put in the weekly worship bulletin. Let us pray for you and those you love to ask for God’s healing power.
Ascension also has a prayer shawl ministry (people make prayer shawls for those in need) and a prayer bead ministry (our own local artist who makes prayer beads for personal devotion.)
The Rite of Reconciliation (private and confidential confession) is offered by the rector to those who feel particularly burdened by things done and left undone and feel the need for counsel and absolution.
Don’t suffer alone. If you have a pastoral need, please contact The Rev. Dr. Joan E. Beilstein, Rector at email@example.com and she will arrange a confidential appointment. You may also contact the Rev. Terri Murphy, Deacon at firstname.lastname@example.org.